Chef Willy Eick will be adding a 7 course tasting menu option stating in a few weeks. The menu will run $65 and feature 7 courses plus treats. It will vary slightly week to week based on seasonality and what becomes available that is exciting.
No one I know does a regular tasting menu option in North County. Omakase at Wrench and Rodent would be comparable. It is nice to see a non sushi restaurant bring this on board as it is pretty common in Sf and other culinary hub cities.
Here is a description from the Chef…
Tasting menu will be available Wednesday – Sunday nights, and require whole table participation, with no substitutes, no exceptions, etc. We will be charging $65/person for 7 courses
So far the tasting menu will look something like this:
Bread Service (house daily sourdough)
1. Local sashimi, sunflower/mushroom dashi, mustards in variations
2. Local Crab, Cactus, Sumac
4. Potato Nest, Norinade, Yolk Gel, Herbs, Beer foam
5. Chicken Roulade, Roast Chicken/Whey, puffed wild rice, wild herbs/nz spinach
6. Natal Plum Panna Cotta, Natal Plum Mousse, Honey in Variations
7. Petit Fours (daily selection)
Daily cookies/candy to take home
The tasting menu will change most likely weekly, but not in its entirety, mostly just one or two dishes changing at a time until we find what we are happiest serving. These will not be large plates.
Work in progress ~ Crab and sumac dish. (egg yolk will probably not appear on end product)
608 Mission Ave. Oceanside
#food #northcounty #608 #oceanside