Caffeine Crawl is an event put on by “The Lab”. “The Lab” is a company that helps high-end, craft beverage companies promote their products through graphic design, media, and events.
One such event is the Caffeine Crawl. Exactly as the name implies caffeine Crawls are events that allow coffee lovers to experience craft coffee houses and roasters in their area. The first crawl was held in Kansas City in 2011 and multiple events have since been held nation wide.
This coming January 20th to 22nd , caffeine crawl will hold it’s fourth San Diego based event with ten routes through out San Diego county. The best thing is that for the first time two of these routes will be held in North County.
The routes will highlight seven of Oceanside and Carlsbad’s best purveyors of craft coffee.
The routes are bikeable or driveable and cover about 3 miles. In addition to great coffee, there are educational demonstrations at each stop. Wether its roasting styles and how choices as a roaster effect the end product or talking about what it is like to run an “At origin” coffee shop in Puerto Rico, there is a lot to learn about the craft and what goes into producing a great cup of coffee.
Here are the outlines for the two North County routes…
Other stops include Sleeping Tiger Coffees, Steady State Roasting, Revolution Roasters, and concludes at Banana Dang. This route ends at 4:00pm. You provide your own transportation shop-to-shop. This is a suggested biking route, but driving as your form of transportation is also fine.
Other stops include The Loose Leaf , Revolution Roasters, Steady State Roasting and concludes at Baba Coffee. This route ends at 5:00pm. You provide your own transportation shop-to-shop. This is a suggested biking route, but driving as your form of transportation is also fine.
– New to Caffeine Crawl? Here’s a fun FAQ for you to learn more.
– You will receive a confirmation email from one of us within 24 hours after your ticket purchase. Be sure to check the email you bought the tickets from.Your physical ticket(s) will be mailed to you (unless within 4 days of the event, in which case they will be held for you at will call at the start of the event).
– Tickets include an event bag with Crawl goodies and souvenirs, and admittance to all stops on your selected route (includes a drink sample, and short, educational presentation at each stop). You will receive the event bag at the start of your route.
– You will receive an electronic route schedule the week of the event via email, as well as a program that is a printed route schedule, at the start of the event. Be sure to check the email you bought the tickets from.
– Children are welcome (must have a ticket), and there are sometimes caffeine-free options. There are occasionally alcohol-based coffee drinks. All drinks are at the discretion of participating shops. If wanting to bring a child under 7 years of age please contact us first.
– Each stop along the route has a set start and end time that was confirmed with that business, and will be provided to you before the event. This is to keep the event organized, and give each ticket holder the best experience possible. Please be prepared to stay on schedule and follow cues from your tour guide, as there will be multiple routes in operation at once.
– Tickets are non-refundable. Same situation as a concert, sporting event, or any other event.
– Biking and walking routes can drive if weather is bad to day of the event. Caffeine Crawl and The LAB will not be held responsible for any travel-related incidents while attending Caffeine Crawl. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to the Terms & Conditions, maintaining full responsibility for your personal and vehicular safety, and your own items, while traveling between shops by foot, car, bus, or bicycle.
So, embrace your chance to be part of the first North County based caffeine Crawl. Yay North County. Represent!